The Company collects Personal Data from a range of individuals in the context of its business activities, including the following:
- Representatives of our suppliers, customers and other business contacts.
- Contractors and similar types of workers.
- Individuals that use, or otherwise access, our Website.
- Consumers and customers.
- Individuals who visit our premises or facilities.
- Job applicants.
- Individuals related to, or otherwise affiliated with, our Company’s employees.
- Individuals who contact us by any means.
We obtain Personal Data which you knowingly and voluntarily disclose to us, both in an online and offline context. For example, when individuals undertake the following activities, we generally collect their Personal Data:
- Use or access our Website and/or complete one of our web forms (e.g. using our “Get a quote” service).
- Contact our customer service centers or request information from us in any other way.
- Visit our premises.
- Submit an order to, or make a purchase with, the Company.
- Provide us your contact information via business card or otherwise.
- Complete a survey or otherwise provide us feedback.
- Communicate with us via social networking websites, third party applications, or similar technologies.
- Visit one of our trade counters at an exhibition.
We may also collect Personal Data from third party sources. For example, we may collect information from your employer; publicly available sources; our service providers, vendors, and other business contacts for the purposes described herein.
The Company may collect a range of Personal Data from, or about, you, during our business activities, such as the following:
- Identity data, such as your name, title, company/organization name, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and physical address (including street, city, state, postal code, and/or country). If you visit any of our business locations in person, we may require you to sign in and provide your name, car registration number, driver’s license number, or other information.
- Business contact data, such as information related to other employees, owners, directors, officers, or contractors of a third-party organization (e.g., business, company, partnership, sole proprietorship, nonprofit, or government agency) with whom we may conduct, or possibly conduct, business activities.
- Marketing and communications data, including your marketing preferences and your subscriptions to our publications.
- Transaction data, including inquiries about and orders for our products and services and details of payments to and from you, including purchase order history and information needed to facilitate payment transactions.
- Customer Feedback, and similar comments, surveys, and recommendation, including feedback about our Website, products, services, and data Processing practices.
- Usage data, including information about how you use our Website, the pages you view, the links you click, the materials you access, the date and time you access the Website, the website from which you linked to our Website, and other actions taken within the Website. We may also collect usage data if you access our internet services at a Company location or facility.
- Technical data, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, your browser type and capabilities and language and your operating system. For information about the cookies we use on our Website, please see below. We may also collect technical data if you access our internet services at a Company location or facility.
- Biometric data, , as further detailed in the section on Biometric Data below.
When you do not provide Personal Data that the Company requests, we may not be able to provide you the requested service or complete a transaction, and you agree that the Company will not be liable or otherwise responsible for any actions resulting therefrom.
Generally, the Company Processes Personal Data for a broad range of purposes, including the following:
- To provide you with information about, and to fulfill your requests for, products and services.
- To answer your questions or respond to your feedback or inquiries.
- To conduct research and advertising.
- To contact you about improved products or product uses.
- To provide you with e-newsletters; email, or other communications.
- To allow you to participate in online support or “Ask the Expert” services..
- To notify you of any changes to your services and to provide you with information in relation to similar goods and services that may be of interest.
- To administer and manage warranties
- To communicate with you and third party contacts.
- To enable your participation in promotions, sweepstakes or consents.
- To administer our Website and help improve our products and services.
- To allow you to report problems with our Website.
- To carry out analytics in relation to the use of our Website.
- To comply with applicable laws, regulations, or other legal or administrative processes.
- To better ensure the security of the Company’s property, locations, and premises.
- To defend our legal, regulatory, and business interests.
- To protect the health and safety of Company’s employees, temporary workers, contractors, agents visitors or any other individual who may visit our business locations or facilities, for instance during a pandemic or other health emergencies.
Please note that you cannot communicate with us through the “Contact” or support links on the Website or via e-mail without providing some Personal Data. If you contact us or our service providers, a record of that session or correspondence will be maintained in accordance with applicable policy and/or law.
When you apply for employment via our Website or otherwise, we will collect additional Personal Data about you that is specific to that employment position, such as your qualifications, career history, third party references and interview notes. We may also ask you for other information, for example your interests and the types of jobs you are interested in. Any Personal Data you provide to us in relation to an employment application will be processed in accordance with this Policy and any other privacy statement that may be included with the job announcement to which you apply.
In order to comply with certain applicable data privacy laws, the Company is required to set forth the legal basis for the Processing of your Personal Data. In accordance with the purposes for which we collect and use your Personal Data, as set out above, the legal basis for the Company’s Processing of your Personal Data will typically be one of the following, which are not mutually exclusive:
- For the performance of a contract that we have in place with you or other individuals, or to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract.
- To support the Company or our third parties’ legitimate business interests (for example, in maintaining and promoting our business by providing customers with feedback opportunities).
- To comply with our legal obligations.
- With your consent.
The Company has its corporate headquarters in the United States and is part of a multinational group of affiliated companies that has databases in different countries, some of which are operated by affiliates and some of which are operated by third parties on behalf of the Company or one of our affiliates. We may transfer your Personal Data to one or more such databases outside your country of domicile, potentially including countries which may not require an adequate level of protection for your Personal Data compared with that provided in your country, and in which case, Personal Data may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable in such foreign jurisdictions. The Company and its affiliates have established reasonable and appropriate controls as required by applicable law to safeguard the possession of, and transfer of, Personal Data. If you are located in the EEA or the UK, you can request a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place to protect your Personal Data and privacy rights in these circumstances, using the email address provided below. By providing the Company any Personal Data, you hereby consent to its transfer across international borders in accordance with this Policy
The Company may share or otherwise disclose your Personal Data within the Company, to affiliates and subsidiaries, and selected third parties in accordance with applicable law. The following are examples of how your Personal Data may be shared and the reasons and purposes for undertaking such activities:
The Company may share your Personal Data with employees and other officials and representatives within our parent company, subsidiaries and affiliates who have a “need to know” that data for business or legal reasons, for example, in order to carry out an administrative function such as processing an invoice, or to direct a query that you have submitted to the relevant department or affiliate.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties, including the following: law enforcement and regulatory authorities; the Company’s advisors and consultants; IT service providers; third parties engaged by the Company for the purpose of providing services requested by you; to protect any intellectual property rights in any materials displayed on or otherwise available from the Company’s Website; for the purposes of seeking legal or other professional advice; to respond to a legal request or comply with a legal obligation; or to enforce the Company’s policies or Website Terms and Conditions of Use.
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties in the event that we sell, buy or merge any business or assets, including to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
With your consent, we may disclose your Personal Data to third parties who offer products that may be of interest to you. These companies may then contact you directly with product or sample offers, personalized offers and information or to ask for your feedback on products and programs that may be of interest to you.
Our employees may use personal devices to access our systems containing your Personal Data, thus your Personal Data may be transferred through or to service providers who contract with our employees for cellular data everywhere in the world.
We may be required to share your Personal Data in order to comply with a court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to government or regulatory requests. We may disclose Personal Data if we have reason to believe that disclosure is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action to enforce any of the Company’s rights, including against you or a third party, for non-payment, violation of any agreement with us, or to otherwise support our business interests. We may share your Personal Data to protect the safety of the Company, our customers or others; or to prevent injury to or interference with, our rights or property, or the rights or property of other data processors or anyone else that could be harmed by such activities.
To the extent you engage with the Company for us to provide you, or a third party, with any of the services or deliverables described herein, you hereby consent to the disclosure of your Personal Data to any third party the Company reasonable determines to be applicable to the provision of the services or deliverables, provided the third party does not also sell the Personal Data, unless that disclosure would be consistent with applicable data protection laws.
We Do Not Sell Personal Data
Without prior consent, the Company does not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate orally, in writing, or by electronic or other means, Personal Data to another business or a third party for monetary or other valuable consideration.
The Company takes reasonable technical and organizational security measures to protect Personal Data from accidental or unlawful destruction or loss and unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification or disclosure. However, no information system can be fully secure, so we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your Personal Data. Moreover, we are not responsible for the security of Personal Data you transmit to us over third-party operated systems or networks, including the Internet and wireless networks. You provide the Company with any and all information, including Personal Data, at your own risk and you hereby agree that, to the extent permitted by law, the Company shall not be liable or otherwise responsible for any data incidents that may compromise the confidentiality, integrity, or security of your Personal Data.
We will keep your Personal Data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us and the country in which the Personal Data is processed. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty, and liability purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (e.g., if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.